The AMMCO Brake Lathe 4000E Combination Disc and Drum is the ultimate in finish control, right at your fingertips. Designed for light truck and SUV applications with a variety of features the 4000E brake lathe gets the job done efficiently and to your shops standards.
Total Control: The AMMCO 4000E brake lathe gives the operator control of the entire process, optimizing speed and feed combinations and making adjustments possible. This unit is one of the most ergonomic lathes and incredibly easy to use making it perfect for both new and experienced professionals.
Custom Digital Finishes: Moving swiftly into the modern age with digital refinishing, the 4000E brake lathe can be easily adapted to fit any rotor or drum material available. With the ability to digitally control the feed rates, it’s easier to adjust the equipment to give you the highest possible quality finish. Featuring positive rake tool bits and reduced chatter the 4000E allows for precision turning while producing superior machined surfaces.
Shift on the Fly: Now with an integrated synchronous gearbox and shifter you can easily choose your desired speed. With the shifter being easily accessible shop operators can now tame those unexpectedly shrill composite rotors.
Increased Capacity for Larger Jobs: Designed for light truck and SUV applications the 4000E is capable of jobs as heavy as 200 lbs. Opt for the AMMCO 7F adapter kit and your range of work expands increasing the volume of heavy work and virtually any other application that comes in. To get smooth breaking these break lathes can cut to one-thousandth of an inch tolerances.
- Custom digital finishes – By digitally controlling the feed rates, it’s easier to find that sweet spot for your particular application, giving you the highest possible quality finish available.
- Shift on the fly 3-speed – The 4000E is the first lathe with an integrated, synchronous gearbox and shifter. Now you can choose the speed that makes the most sense for your work piece, right at your fingertips.
- Forged alloy steel arbor – Two tapered mounting surfaces add stability and handle up to 200 lb.
- Feed slide protection keeps travel surfaces free of dirt and chips.
- Positive rake tool bits allow for low-pressure, precise turning that produces superior machined surfaces with less chatter, every time; negative rake tool bits are also included.
- Solid twin cutter tool simultaneously resurfaces both sides of rotor.
- Micrometer-precise depth-of-cut dials embossed in metal and calibrated in both thousandths of an inch and tenths of a millimeter; easy reset to zero.
- Extended spindle increases drum capacity to 9.875".
- Full-drum support hex boring bar guarantees correct tool angle for drums.
Weight: 400 lbs.
Video Demo: http://www.ammcoats.com/brake-lathe-videos/4000e-brake-lathe-features-video
Application: Car and Medium Truck
Max Rotor Diameter: 14.5"
Max Rotor Face Width: 3-3/4"
Standard Max Arbor Capacity: 200 lbs
Max Rotor Thickness: 1.875"
Flywheel Service Capable: Yes
Spindle Bearings: Bronze Sleeve
Motot: 1 HP
Tool Bits (shipped with): Both
Double Taper Arbor: Yes
Spindle Speed: 100, 150, 200 RPM
Drum Feed Rate: Variable
Max Drum Depth: 9.875"
Rotor Feed Rate: Variable, .001" to .018/REV